Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: IML: color-keyed wheel covers

Color-keyed wheel covers were only offered in 1964 and 1969.

It's hard to tell from the 1969 brochure that this was even done, since the
photo car used is black, but the print advertisements show a few other car
colors (among them bronze and gold) and the bronze one has the color-keyed
wheel covers clearly shown. In the PR photos there is a white car with a
black vinyl top and it wears wheel covers with black paint.

Does anyone have a 1969 parts book or data guide (showroom album) explaining
this feature?

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon