Re: IML: The best weather/rubber softening compound available???

Re: IML: The best weather/rubber softening compound available???

This comes up on all the old car lists I'm with, and although I have not used it, all those in the know ( engineers, science types, collectors, museum curators etc.) all seem to recomend a product that was developed for the areospace industry called Krytox, apparently the stuff is available thru diving supply retailers, as it is used as an underwater lubricant or something like that and doesn't wash off. As for rubber and weather stripping, it is said to put a layer of protection on that is impervious to weather, sunlight, and just general attacks of the elements and time.( especially important for those of us with cars that rubber pieces are no longer available for)  AND it stops squeeking where two pieces of rubber or vinyl meet ( like where a removable hardtop attaches to a car)  The folks on my "Cad... Allan.." group swear by it,

Hope this helps

"Bigdog1(P. Juliano Jr.) list member" <bigdog1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Who will share their knowledge on this question??

Thanks in advance, Phil