Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 1:04 PM
Subject: IML: Carter AFB running Question/

Hi again experts,

I'm having a running problem that I still think is carburetion. It only idles ok, and runs erratically at say 2500 rpm.
This is what I've done so far:
Changed distributor, cap,rotor, wires and plugs. Also have tested it with another coil-same results. I've checked voltage to the coil too. I've checked the compression cold and get 125 per cylinder across the board. The engine has about 30 k on it.
I've also sprayed/checked for vacuum leaks, it seems solid.
I have personally rebuilt the carb with a kit and have had the top off once to check to if the float level was ok..etc. What I'm suspicious of the way the fuel looks going down the primary at a steady 2500 rpm. It sort of drools unevenly in both venturis. The "sucking" sound it makes is not uniform. I thought instead of slurping or drooling in, it should look more like a vapor going in. When I shut it off and look down the carb it stays dry like the float level isn't too high. I rebuilt the carb first because it ran this way before I did all this stuff. This still "feels" like a fuel problem. If I had a spare good carb, that would certainly prove it.

Any thoughts?
Thx,
Chris
67 Imperial Convertible
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenyon Wills" <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: IML: 1967-69 Budd Calipers available soon

I will ship Budd caliper cores to the CALIPERS ONLINE
fellow in the coming weeks.  That would be in Q1 of
07.  They will likely be available thereafter (summer
'07?).

This company uses a stainless sleeve and asserts that
quality is consequently much higher than the products
of firms such as Cardone, who do not use SS sleeves
and just rehab/reseal the parts.  I'd feel better with
stainless - can't rot or pit...

If you have a 67-69 Imperial, hindsight indicates that
having a spare set of calipers, rotors, and at least
one set of brake pads squirreled away is a good
practice.  You may not need them today, but it appears
that there will always be a market for them should you
regret your decision.

I encourage the folks that were tempted by the
DuraBrake repro rotors to consider placing an order or
getting in line with the Calipers Online company.
This will reward the vendor for bothering with an
otherwise unobtainable part, and may save your bacon
later.

Please mention the Imperial Club so that he knows
who's being loyal to him.

I was surprised to learn that the guy has been
actively looking for them on eBay - a redeeming
quality regarding this part for our car.  He also
mentioned that they came on AMX's and one or two other
cars.  He said that he's got a $400 core charge to
"encourage" reurn of the cores, since they're so
scarce, so be prepared on that point.

-Kenyon