Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:32 PM
To: mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1956 A/C: Dealer vs. Factory Installation

Imperialist's,

    In addition to being a stunning car, the A/C baffles me:  I see the under dash vents to serve the air circulation{ stock?} as well as the pump in the pics of the motor and what appears to be a factory in-dash control.  What I do not see in the trunk is the condenser or any penetrations in the rear deck for air circulation which I have seen always in other factory install's.  When it is a factory install, there is also usually the air scoops over the rear fender's which I do not see.  Have any of the other members seen this dealer/factory combo:  specifically the dash penetration without the scoops as I have never seen a dealer redo a dash for said install, and I notice to that it is early '56 as it is a two speed though that would not have any bearing I would think--but I an here to learn!!!

Thanks in advance.

ybshore/Jack

1956 Imperial Sedan