From: randalpark@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 60 Imperial Le Baron sedan $2800 ROOF ISSUE.
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:29:14 -0400

That roof issue is 100% normal for '60 LeBarons. There is probably some rust in there, but the main problem is that the filler used to hide the seam for the insert has expanded and deteriorated revealing the outline of the Custom/Crown rear window. Kenyon has written an extensive article about the on the OIC web site.

Any of us who own a '60 LeBaron have to deal with this. Most folks just smooth it over and repaint, but it will always come back. That is unless you do it the way that Kenyon did. He has gone into great detail, with pictures and tool descriptions to explain the problem and fix it for good. There is an asbestos rope/filler in the seam, covered with lead, then paint finish. Lead tends to deform over time, but it is the asbestos rope that causes most of the trouble here. Check it out!

The rest of the car could be fine rust wise, but there are not enough pictures to tell. 1960 LeBarons are hot!

Paul W.