From: Dan
Subject: Re: IML: 67 won't turn over with good battery
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:49:32 -0800

The last time I tried to start it the cranking
slowed gradually until it wouldn't turn over at
all. I assumed the battery went dead and let it
sit for a few months. But now I'm told by NAPA
that that is how a bad starter will also act. I
was told a simple way to troubleshoot it is to
cross a screwdriver in the large and small nuts
on the starter where the positive lead come in.
If it cranks it rules out a bad starter.

I'd like confirmation this is safe and will not harm the electrical system.

Thanks

Dan
67 CC ----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the