Re: IML: Hi output starters for 60 383 imperial

Op Ma, 19 maart, 2007 7:33 pm, schreef James    L BURTON:
> This is exhausting, dead ends .  Can someone tell me a place , name ,
> number where to get a hi output starter  ?  Thank you,  Jim

Well Jim,

I am sorry to tell you, but as I learned from Paul and Kenyon by now,
there is no such thing as a high torque starter available for a 1960
Imperial (or lesser Chrysler).

So the best thing you can do is go to the local junkyard, pull a good
looking starter from 59-61 BigBlock (RB) and have that one rebuild.
Your are lucky living in the USA, cause my local junkyards don't have US
cars from the late fifties and early sixties..

But I am sure Lowell or Bob can help me out here, all I have to do then is
send it to reputable rebuilder in the US..

Good luck,

Robert