Re: IML: Hi output starters for 60 383 imperial

There seems to be only one direct drive starter for that application, however the 66-69 426 Hemi  4spd cars, and up to 75  Dodge 600 HD 361-413 manual trans trucks also had direct drive starters as well. I'm not a lottery player, but I'll bet that starter will work. (Yes Virginia there were 361-413"s in 75) These starters were ONLY used on manual transmissions. Ya'll have a nice day, Dave

From: "Michael Howlett" <collyman1@xxxxxxxxx>
Jim,
I just looked and there are a few places listed in the Portland phone book, under "Auto Electric Service".
There used to be a really good place in the Northwest Area that I don't see listed.
Maybe it was "Brazil". but I'm not sure...........
Ed's Auto Lectric on Grand, used to be a good place, also ABE on Hawthorne.
They will do rebuilds, and if you have to go that route, be sure to tell them not to sandblast the case.
I have a 413 also, so if you find a hi-torque that will fit, please let me know.
-Mike in Boring