RE: IML: American Collectors Insurance

I have had my collector car insurance with Grundy for 30 years.  I had a
claim about 15 years ago, and they actually sent an adjuster who knew what
my car was, and was familiar with Old Cars Weekly Value guide.  When I
told him that I had based my insured value on that, he didn't argue, and
wrote a check on the spot.  Another club I belong to has had their
insurance throuygh J.C. Taylor for as long as I can recall.  They also
understand collector cars and collector car people.  I think it is
important to deal with an agent such as Taylor, Grundy, etc who actually
deals significantly with collector cars, not some agent who represents a
company who claims they will cover collector cars.  I work for a company
that insures collector cars through their regular agents.  I don't have my
collector car insurance through them. I routinly get calls from our
adjusters on collector cars because they know I have them, and can advise
them on being fair.  I would not plan on this kind of service from regular
adjusters of regular insurance agencies and companies.  Stick to the
agents who specialize in collector car insurance.