Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1978 NYB TOO RICH

OH,
And how do I know if I have the lean burn engine? I
know its 400Cubic in and has a rebuilt computer
hanging off the air cleaner... so I think yes. This is
a NAPA unit, where did you get yours rebuilt?

-THanks

--- Bogart3147@xxxxxxx wrote:

I had a '77 NYB with the same "fear inspiring"
lean-burn engine, too.   I
drove it for 13 years and the lean-burn computer or
spark regulator, whatever  it
was, went out every 3 years as though there was a
calendar attached.  I
could 20,000 or 100,000 miles and every 3 years it
went out.  Cost was  ALWAYS
$800.00.  Over 13 years, the price never increased
or  decreased.

It was a great car, though, and went to a wonderful
home when I sold  it.

offers free email to everyone.
 Find out more about what's free from AOL at
http://www.aol.com.

Charles Major
270.791.4139 Moble
208.728.4443 FAX