Re: IML: Goals and Rating's

In a message dated 3/27/2007 8:33:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, stephen844@xxxxxxxx writes:
My car is a summer cruiser, and all of the admiration that it receives makes the whole process worthwhile and fun.  I am content to have a "conserved" number 3 condition car that I can enjoy without fear.  The fear I mention comes from having a nearly perfect $50,000 car and worrying more than enjoying it driving down the street.
Imperialists',

    Here, here to Steve's feeling's on owning and maintaining these treasures !!  I do feel the same way in regards to operations also and this is my private rating system which I have developed over the years {LOL}:

#1  Condition:  Won't drive it, must own towing vehicle and ENCLOSED trailer to back it in and out of, and always relentlessly worried...

#2  Condition:  On only the clearest of days, with the forecast AT LEAST three days' out showing same, I would consider a ride on the BACK ROADS and when parked for a cool drink, would have to hang around the car like a fisher cat stalking prey as one MUST keep the touchy gawker's at bay, as I inspect her for all those 'road ticks' I heard bounce off my paint during the ride............

#3  Condition:  A #1 driver from 15 feet to the admirer's; and to the owner, a nodding, comfortable  understanding that there is ALWAYS much work still to be done...

#4  Condition:  On the road, somewhat safely, and turning heads as the list of 'things to do' grows, but the attention is fabulous and you know it's the car for you ....

#5  Condition:  You own it and it's done in your head, now it's only the money and the time which stand in the way ......

ybshore