IML: Steering Wheels

What determines the type of steering wheel an Imperial has?  I see a lot of photos of Imperials with translucent sections, but mine is all black.  Does it make a difference that it has tilt steering?  Everything else about my steering wheel appears original.

This is my black steering wheel.  Yes, the Crown Coupe Script is missing from the dash.
http://photos.aaca.org/showphoto.php?photo=10637&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

These have the translucent sections
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/Rodriguez/007.JPG
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/johnchabot/st_wheel.jpg