Re: IML: door panel removal

I too found the FSM lacking in clear detail.
From personal experience on my 63: I used a flatblade screwdriver to pry the panel with its clips from the metal doorframe.  There are at least six of them spaced every few inches.  Be careful not to tear what amounts to cardboard away from the clips.  There might be a few screws as well holding the upper curved part to the door.  Once free at sides and bottom, the panel must be slid or wiggled upward to clear the lip at the bottom of the window.  The panel will now be loose and held back only by the open-close handle.  With the panel loose, there should be enough clearance to get a screwdriver in to undo the screw holding the handle to the shaft.  You might have to unscrew the armrest if it keeps you from getting the panel far enough away to reach the handle screw.   If power windows, unplug the back part of the switch, and cigar lighter too.  Both those circuits are live all the time; don't let the wires touch anything!  --Tom

kenneth chilton <finfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello america
i have to remove the rear door penel on our 57 cr ht , could any one
describe to me in clear insructions how to tackle this procedure , the
workshop manual does not seem to show it for the imp, and i dont want to
damage any thing by doing ir wrong

kind regards
ken in the UK