Re: IML: 73 Ignition Short

Hi Jerry,

The only thing I had happen to my '73 as far as not
starting was the gear shift linkage became
maladjusted. This caused the transmission not to go
fully into park. I could often get it started by
moving the steering column up and down (the linkage is
connected to the column under the hood).

To make this adjustment you only need to loosen the
bolt on a coupling located on the linkage underneath
the car to the left of the transmission. Then push the
shift lever on the transmission toward the rear of the
car to make sure it is fully in park. After that you
only need to re tighten the bolt on the coupling.

Hope this helps!

Tim Durrer
73 Blue Sky