Re: IML: 1961 chrysler rear brakes

The impact wrench with plenty of lubricant on the
threads of the tool and the point that contacts the
axle are the key points.  That and leaving the hub nut
on loose so it doesn't fly.

Leave the impact wrench on and let it slap away for at
least a few minutes.  You can also whang the drum near
the hub in an attempt to jostle it's
seized-on-the-axle state, but that's more likely to
make you feel better rather than actually help pull
the drum.

Feeling better has it's place, so knock it once or
twice.

The idea of prying of any sort is really bad news.

-K