Re: IML: '73 exhaust

From: Tim Durrer <tdkd99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: '73 Exhaust

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Disregard the previous
message.

Hello everyone,

I want to replace the muffler and install a new
resonator and tail pipe. Mieneke does a good job of
this in my area and comes highly recommended. My
questions are:

My local exhaust guy used to be a Meineke before he went independant. He's never had any trouble fabricating custom exhaust for any of the cars I've brought him, '51 on up. I've found Meineke (across the chain) to be hit-or-miss, but if it's a well-reccomended shop, I expect you've hit gold.

1. Does anyone know what I should tell them to install
in the way of a quite resonator and muffler. I know I
need 2 1/4 inch pipes but does anyone have part
numbers for them?

He probably already knows what's correct - just tell him you want it factory quiet.

2. Next year my plan is to rebuild the engine. Should
I tell them to install new from the manifolds back or
wait until the engine work is done?

   I'd say decide if you want single or sual, and do the whole system now.
       -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT (on vacation)