IML: Powder coating

        What is the consensus on powder coating? Does it de-value a car by powder coating some items? It would sure make it easier then repainting. What parts are more commonly powder coated, and what should one avoid? I have been considering doing some engine components. I also want to do the gas tank holder straps and was going to have the exhaust manifolds ceramiced to look cast iron grey. A friend will do it for the cost of materials only, and I have to do all the prep. Please give input. Thanks,
Marty Trendler
1959 Imperial LeBaron