RE: IML: Burbank area car shows this Sunday

RE: IML: Burbank area car shows this Sunday

Thanks for posting this, Bob.

I’ll be there (at the Gene Autry Museum).  It’s always a great show, with hundreds of original, authentic cars you don’t see anywhere else.  No pre-registration is needed, just show up by 10 AM.  They have a good cafeteria at the museum, and the grounds are beautiful.

There is a special display of Hudsons this year, amongst all the other cars.  One friend is bringing his 1917 (one of the earliest ones around) and I am bringing my 1955 (one of the latest ones around) so we’ll be bookends to a string of one of the best cars ever built.

There will also be some Imperials there, including Bob‘s dark blue 66 LeBaron and the tan 67 Convertible I sold on eBay a few years ago – the owner has become a friend and will be bringing it out for me to pat.  Jay Leno often attends, driving something exotic.

For those in the LA area, just head for Griffith Park, watch for signs to “Zoo Drive”, and then follow the signs to the Western Heritage (Gene Autry) Museum – we’ll be on the lawn.  The weather should be perfect, as usual!   Come by and say hello – my Hudson is a red and white Hornet Hollywood (2 Dr Hardtop).

Dick Benjamin