IML: Imperial Warranties

webmaster wrote:

I suspect that the car will be a mess of mold and rust from condensation.  I once found a 1959 Ford in a barn with a wet floor.  The car had been in an accident with only 19,000 miles, it was beautiful except for the entire floor and frame were completely gone and the interior cloth was growing black mold.  Had this been dry storage I am sure the outcome might have been much different.

I do like your 1958 Southampton.  I read somewhere that new Imperials from 1958 on came with a 5 year 50,000 mile warrantee when they were a destinct line of motor cars.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster:
http://BarreCity.net
http://HistoryTV.net
http://Zworykin.com

1963 was the first year for the 5 year / 50,000 Mile warranty. Here's a Quikie Comparison of the '63 Imperial vs the Cadillac:
    http://www.imperialclub.org/Yr/1963/63Comparison/index.htm

And, a magazine insert announcing the fact:
    http://www.imperialclub.org/Yr/1963/Ads/WarrantyAdReg.jpg

How could they do that in '63? No platform brakes! :-)

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible