IML: Brake Light Switch on '56

As most of you with older Imperials know, getting the hydraulic pressure switch that was the standard setup for activating the brake lights on our cars to function properly is not always very easy. Air likes to get trapped by the switch and it is difficult to bleed this and end up with a leak-free system. Instead of playing with the hydraulic switch on my car - which currently is not leaking - I'm thinking of adding a "modern" contact switch on the brake pedal. Has anyone else done this and have any suggestions as to what switch to use or how to fabricate a bracket to hold it in place?

Thanks,
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ