Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Brake Light Switch on '56

Paul,

The switch works. It just doesn't turn the lights on until the pedal is near the bottom of it's travel and the car is either completely stopped or you're in the middle of a panic stop. It had been much better after I first replaced it and bleed the air out not only through the lines but also at the switch by loosening it and letting it drip out a few drops before retightening it. While the level in the reservoir is still within limits and the brakes themselves work well, the lights are no longer coming on soon enough. Where else could I look??

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ