Re: IML: 1965 electricals

I'm still trying to fix the electrical system on my 1965 Crown. My roommate
hit the carb with a wrench and knocked out all the electrical  system.  I
don't see anything around the carb that looks electrical. Any suggestions?

Hitting the carb has nothing to do with the electrical system. If his action is what caused it then he hit something else and didn't realize it or it was just an amazing coinkeydink,

Start at the battery and make sure the battery is fully charged and the leads are clean and tight. I would remove them and clean them up and put them back on. Also check the bulkhead connector where the wires go in to the cabin from the underhood area. This connector can be troublesome. Much of the wiring is on the driver side fender. My guess is you will find that he leaned on something there to hit the carb and that is what killed it or I could be all wrong. Either way you are going to need to get a voltage meter and track the problem down.

Steve B.