Re: IML: 1965 electricals

Bogart3147@xxxxxxx wrote:
I'm still trying to fix the electrical system on my 1965 Crown.  My roommate hit the carb with a wrench and knocked out all the electrical system.  I don't see anything around the carb that looks electrical.  Any suggestions?
Hey Timothy,

Suggestion one: hit yer roommate with a wrench.  ;o)

Suggestion two: don't EVER let your roommate near the car again (ever heard the old saying about folks who could tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet?)

Suggestion three: where was your roommate's OTHER hand when he whacked the carb?  There's nothing electrical around the carburetor on a '65 Imperial, so I wonder if he had his other hand resting on a battery cable or some other part of the electrical system.  It would depend on which side of the car he was standing, I suppose.

Suggestion four: start at the battery and start wiggling/checking/cleaning all the connections.  If you have a multimeter or test light, use it to confirm which circuits are working and which aren't.  You can spend hours guessing, or you can use a good test light and systematically and quickly identify the problem.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan