IML: Oregon Imperial Meet Florence Oregon May 18-20th

IML: Oregon Imperial Meet Florence Oregon May 18-20th

Gang,

After a 1 year hiatus.... We are doing the Imperial meet in Florence this year.

It's that time again... Time for the Oregon Imperial Meet at the
Rhododendron Festival on the Central Oregon Coast, in Beautiful downtown
Florence Oregon.

We held our Inaugural Event in 2000, so this is our 7th Gathering! We have a ton of fun each year, and there are numerous events through out the weekend. Can you make it to town on Friday Morning? We start with a Tech Session or car cleaning, around 11ish, at 3pm we take a driving tour, Friday night we meet for Dinner at our 50's Cafe. Saturday we have the car show, this drags anything and everything from all over the state, so you'll get the opportunity to see an example of just about every car imaginable., The Show & Shine is free to enter and they give out a great goody bag, and there are categories for all of us to enter. I won best Daily Driver w/ My Imperial in 2005 and one of our group with a 40 Plymouth Pick up has won twice. If your Imperial isn't running, just bring yourself, or another Mopar or *gasp* Non-Mopar.

Your car does not need to be in show condition to enter, it does however need to be 1973 or Older. The nice part is, anything newer can drive to the show with us, and park together around the edge of the show so that they still "technically" get to be displayed, and all of us still get to Ogle them! Titanic has entered the show with rust holes in the doors, mismatched replacement doors, New Paint etc.... Mikey has entered his car in Suede at least 3 times although finally in 2005 it showed up with paint.

After the show we have a dinner at my beach house, this year I think it's going to be Chili.

After that, it's off to the Cruise we usually haul some of my neighbors(so you can have a local guide in your car if you wish) and then we swap cars or anyone interested in participating and getting a chance to drive another year Imperial.

Then if you haven't completely tired of us, it's back to the beach for a Bonfire, and some of Loren's remarkable Imperial Spare Tire Ale, in assorted makes and models :-)

I didn't have time to to get a page posted on the site for this event, but you can see 2005's invitation, and all the past meets.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Oregon05

There's also a list of hotels, if you're spending the weekend I'd make some calls before it gets much later. Probably the best bet at this point is http://www.driftwoodshores.com There is also lots of camping around the area if you're so inclined.

Please drop me a note if you're coming, and let me know what events you'll
be attending.  If you have any questions feel free to email me:
imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxx

Looking forwards to a great event!

Leslie '67 Sedan "Titanic"