Re: IML: 1956/1955 Horn Ring stainless repro value?

Re: IML: 1956/1955 Horn Ring stainless repro value?

I'd say while you are at it the '62 and the like are a good candidates for repro as well. If there ever was a design destined to failure this is it. It's an engineering nightmare. Weak material, stress focused at the bend, and no limits or stops to prevent overtravel. Gee ya think they might break? Duh? I don't know how many broken ones I've seen. That includes mine until I replaced it.

Dave
1962 Crown 4 Door Southampton (x2)
1957 Crown 4 Door Southampton (almost, I have to go fetch it)

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I may have someone that can take my '55 ring and
reproduce it in a stronger material. What would a
"better than new" item fetch if I had 10-20 made?

I am thinking $400-$600 each?

If the turkey that's on ebay is already getting
$50....

I will have to see what would be involved.
Your input on or off list appreciated.

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills