Re: IML: 1956 Horn Ring//2//3/4

Imperialists:

    I just spoke with the shop that performed the work on my horn ring.  His recollection is that we are 'lucky' in that there must be a high content of 'real steel' in our rings, as opposed to the nowadays common white metal or weaker pot metals of yore as he says it was a heli-arc weld which did the job:  lots of heat which the ring could withstand to make a nice fix.  I will try and get a picture of the finished product pre-dip as soon as I can.  I must note, too, mine was broken in two spots:  the ever-popular where the ring meets the cross member "T", as well as 'in line' on said cross member, and still the job is more than satisfactory.

ybshore