RE: IML: 56 Horn Rings

I came back today to several digest messages with a lengthy discussion on these horn rings. I'd like to add my voice to the request for more info and pictures on the welded repair as I can't see myself paying $600 for a SS reproduction. That said, I'd be happy to help that effort if I can. I have two rings (sorry, neither for sale), one with the beginnings of the typical crack and one with lots of pits but no structural problems. If either would be of use as models to the gentleman who was looking into reproductions, I'd be happy to lend one out for this purpose - contact me off list.

One last thought, since any recasting would still require plating in order to match the color and shine of the center hub, might there be a cheaper material to use other than SS that would still be stronger than the original white metal?

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ