Now if i can only get the Atuptemp working...

Cheers,

Javier

On May 10, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Frederick Joslin wrote:

I hate to hear what you have said about calipersonline. I have called and e-mailed them with no replys. I will call again tomorrow. They have my calipers and my money. I could have purchased a pair of rebuilt calipers from Schucks for about $260 including core charge and no shipping, and still owned my original calipers.
Right now I am out $460 and a set of calipers and have nothing .
I was thinking about the silicone fluid, but will probably also go with the DOT4. The only thing I need to do after getting the calipers back is to replace all of the steel lines.

----- Original Message -----
From: nicholasadamo@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Need Budd Brake Pads - STAT!
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:29:52 -0400

Well, I have been in the process of totally replacing all the brake components on my 67 Chrysler 300 with Budd disc brakes. Got the rotors from the Durabrake reproductions (thanks IMP club!), the calipers from Calipers On-Line, the master cylinder and booster from Hagen's Hiway auto parts, the brake hoses and rear wheel cylinders, the drums and shoes from Advance Auto, and the D-10 pads from Frank Mitchel (of all people).

So far, all the parts have arrived, but there have been problems. The most disappointing is that the re-manufactured calipers from Calipers On-Line had NO threads in one bolt hole. I discussed this with them and they are letting my mechanics heli-coil it. Of course the heli-coil they ordered turned out to be the wrong size. So they re-ordered. Thus far, its been on again, off again with the brakes since early April!! Hopefully it will be finished next week. I'm also replacing all the brake fluid with Valvoline Synthetic DOT 4 fluid. It's better than the DOT 3 stuff, is low moisture absorbing but still compatible with the glycol based brake fluid. All the stuff you have to be careful of for the DOT 5 silicone fluid turned me off to that.