Re: IML: 1961 chrysler imperial brake drum

Re: IML: 1961 chrysler imperial brake drum

Mark, I am not familiar with your model but I imagine it is similar to early fords.I doubt the brake shoes are your problem, you have enough pulling power to turn them into a conversation piece. In my experience things that will not dismantle need attack from multiple directions similtaneously. So you need to apply your puller, then the heat and at the same time introduce a 3rd factor. (Those with a squeamish disposition block your ears.) What I have used on obstinate pieces is a blunt rock chipper in a ramset type masonry drill and I have never found anything that can defy it.You will probably not be able to get an optimum angle because of its shape but I would beat it with the rock chipper from all directions and get those molecules jumping. Beating your puller at the same time should help also. You are going to need a football team! Something will happen. Good Luck ! Geoff Simpson in New Zealand