Re: IML: Airflow coin and how we might find out more about it....

Re: IML: Airflow coin and how we might find out more about it....

Onesey-twosey scans for the site you can email to me.

I suggest that we put this coin item onto the 1934
page on its own page that shows the coin with a plea
for information.

You'd be amazed at what we're able to do with stuff
like that.  For whatever reason, our site really
pushes the buttons over at Google, and the club
website winds up on the first page, often the first 4
results in a search on subject matter that we cover
and care about.

That's not easy to do (we're not trying for page rank
like businesses do), so I think that it's a validation
of Google's ability to sift through websites and rank
them.  Not so sure that the other folks that are
recently in front of us under "Chrysler Imperial" with
a page or two about the 2009 model are better
equipped, but what can you do?

Anyway,

We had an obscure magazine article that was missing a
page, put in a plea for the replacement page, and 4
years later a guy showed up and supplied it.  Then
went on to toss in some really exotic other items that
we'd never have seen otherwise, so you never know
who's doing what at 4 in the morning at any given day.

I'd be most curious to find out about the history of
the coin.  You'd have to be what?  At least 85 years
old to have been at the worlds fair and aware of what
was going on in cars for 1934?  I'd guess that the
number of 80+ something people that are around and are
looking at that sort of thing online is dwindling, but
it only takes one person to break things wide open.

Take your scans, or I can drive over and bug Ken Lang
about seeing his coin, and let's find out more about
this.  I'll happily put the word out should we do it
and get a nibble or a bite on that hook later.

Anyone else see somthing Imperial-related?  Let's post
it where folks can see it, even if it's only a partial
story...

-K