Re: IML: 61 rear brake drum challenge - Tools

I wonder if Chrysler had a tool like this. I bet they did.

----- Original Message -----
From: wardle65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 61 rear brake drum challenge - Tools
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:05:21 +1000

You don't have to spend a fortune on a hub
puller. I went shopping for one a while back
and was very dissatisfied with what I saw so I
set out to make one. I used 1/2 inch steel
plate and marked out the stud pattern so it
would bolt across ALL THE STUDS using my wheel
nuts. I cut another hole in the middle of that
then had my mate weld a small tower (to clear
the raised hub section) with a nut on the
inside and a 3/4 inch threaded rod thru that
with a pointed end (into spindle) and a welded
nut on the other end so you can crank it with a
large shifter.

Let me tell you it works a treat and cost me
$20 in material and my mates time cut it and
weld it up.

Chris Wardle
58 Imp Crown Coupe

----- Original Message ----- From:
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:38 AM

> This point, along with safety, can not be
> over emphasized with respect to this job. The
> highest quality heavy duty puller makes the
> difference between success and failure in
> doing this job.
>
> If you own a tapered rear axle car (pre-1965)
> and plan to keep it, buying one of these will
> never be a mistake. If you don't use it, the
> person who ends up fixing your car will.
>
> Paul W.

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response