Re: IML: Several Problems

Subject: IML: Several problems
From: "Hardrick, Brian" <HardrickBG@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

-          I am getting smoke from both sides of the engine closest to
the valve cover gaskets by the windshield.  I recently had the VCs
changed so what else could that be and how do I test to make sure it is
indeed that?

Kenyon's probably right, but it might be the rear main seal leaking down onto the exhaust, too.
  You want Kenyon to be right.

-          Lastly, my tranny will not go in reverse should I rebuild the
entire unit or is there something specific that I can replace to get
this operating.  I am not sure if this is the original tranny or not and
what type of maintenance has been done previously to it.

Rebuild it. Find an old tranny guy, or a MoPar fanatic, and have them do it. You might want to consider getting a TransGo Tow-n-Go shift kit put in while you're at it, but it isn't neccessary.
      -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT