RE: IML: 1959 parts for 1960

I checked out the local 1959 for sale, here are pictures I took: http://picasaweb.google.com/NoltaReese

It's restoreable....by someone dedicated and with gobs of time and/or money.  But mostly it's just a parts car.  I've been thinking about what to do and came to the conclusion I just don't have the time and energy right now to deal with it.  I'm sorry for getting anyone's hopes up since there are some good parts to be had.....just not enough that will work on my '60 - I'm being a bit selfish for now.  The engine and drivetrain on mine are very sound so the "need" for spare parts isn't as great for the foreseeable future.  I'm much more in need of surface details, weatherstripping, plastic parts, etc.

As you can see the only interesting optional equipment is the swivel seats.  No a/c, Auto Pilot, or beam changer.  However it does have the triple horns that were such a hot topic recently.  All the glass is solid but the windshield, which I was most excited about, is delaminating along one edge, I took a closeup picture of that.

Notice that nearly every body panel has a dent in it, even the stainless roof.....argh.  Most of the trim is intact with the exception of many of the "gold" crowns being missing.

The owners are quite the characters.  They have 60 cars on their ten acres including three or four early sixties Fords with the breezeway option and look-alike Cadillac Hearse and limo.  Very nice people who save and enjoy old cars and motorcycles.  They've had an offer or two from derby guys and won't sell to them.  I didn't talk about the fact I'd be parting the Imperial out, I got the feeling they were hoping someone would get it back on the road again.  It's too much of a basket case for me to do that, my '60 is all I can deal with for now. lol

If circumstances change during the summer maybe I'll change my mind.  I have a place to stash the car and can get it moved to Anchorage, but I'm afraid this time it has to come down to "return on investment".

Donn Reese
1960 Custom 4dr hdtp

This electronic communication (including all attachments) is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. It has not passed through our standard review process. Design data and recommendations included herein are provided as a matter of convenience and should not be used for final design. RELY ONLY ON THE FINAL HARDCOPY MATERIALS BEARING THE CONSULTANT'S ORIGINAL SIGNATURE AND SEAL. If you are not the named addressee(s), any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original communication from your system.

This e-mail and all other electronic (including voice) communications from the sender's firm are not intended by the sender to constitute an electronic record, an electronic signature or any agreement to conduct a transaction by electronic means. Any such intention or agreement is hereby expressly disclaimed unless otherwise specifically indicated.