Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:33 AM
Subject: IML:

Hi folks,
I am going nuts trying to figure out what engine is in my '81 F.S. Imp. I no longer believe it is the original engine ,as it has the old style "v" ac compressor and mount.
My 62 year old failing eyes have found this number on the engine block pad in the driver's side of the engine--GWG0132540276. I wirebrushed the pad before I wrote the number down, but, i might not have it right--as most of you know--it's hard to see clearly. I have searched the info on our website and found nothing even close to this number.
Can any of you tell me what it is?
Thanks for your help,
Jerry Landis