Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 2:40 AM
Subject: RE: IML: Backup lights 1960 Imp at fault

Robert,

I can't help with the switch, but maybe give you a workaround to pass
inspection.  Do the lights have to work when in reverse, or do they just
have to work?  I haven't had to do this in a very long time, but in PA the
reverse lights just had to work.  It wasn't specified that they had to come
on when the car was put in reverse.  I found this out in my teenage years
with a car I put an aftermarket floor shifter in.  The column shifter still
activated the reverse lights, the floor shifter worked the transmission.
Later I fixed it correctly.

So you may be able to bypass the shifter controlled reverse light switch
temporarily and connect a toggle switch under the dash to pass inspection.

Hopefully someone else here will chime in with an easy fix for the original
switch.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron, now roadworthy.