Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Backup lights 1960 Imp at fault

There are 9 parts vendors showing on Parts Voice that they stock the switch. Collectors Auto shows they have 51 of them. They fit all 60 with automatic trans. I believe they are the same for 60-63 & probably further. I wouldn't be too surprised if you could still get one from Chrysler. The part number is 1972052.
John
----- Original Message ----- From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:00 AM

I don't know if you can get a new switch or not. There are switches out
there that could be made to work. The switch lever has a notch in it
that works in conjunction with the plastic push button arm. As with
anything, if you are careful, you can probably take it apart and fix it
if it doesn't work. I was able to make all of my original switches work
years ago, and as far as I know, they still do

Paul W.