IML: 60-63 Imperial Dome Lamps and Automatic Door Switches

IML: 60-63 Imperial Dome Lamps and Automatic Door Switches

>From: "john sadowski" <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>
>
>Subject: Re: IML: '60 Imperial dome light stays on
>
>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:38:50 -0700

>If I'm not mistaken, the door switches are self setting when they are >first installed. What I mean is that the pin usually sticks out further >then need be. When the door is closed for the first time, the pin sets >itself to the proper depth.
>John

John;

You may be correct on this.  I remember buying a couple of replacements
years ago for another Chrysler I owned.  The pin was quite long and the
P/N the dealer supplied was a superseded part number for the earlier part number. I installed it and it worked fine.

Do you know if it is possible to pull the pin back out some and have the switch reset itself? Or is it a one-time thing that can not be repeated?

Joe Strickland