Re: IML: new Wierd Ebay request

I think that he is just collectin all the USA states license plates....nothing bad in that case. I'm from Finland and I think that your license plates are more beautiful than ours.

Sami Kortelainen, Finland

For the first time, I'm auctioning a car on Ebay. So far I've fielded a few weird questions about cashing foriegn checks, etc., but so far it's been a pretty mild and postive experience.

(Required Imperial content) I'm selling my Buick Electra convertible (item No. 140123684106) to make more room in my budget for my '58 Southampton restoration project.

I write because today I received a new
request. Some guy from Hungary wrote and asked if I would give him the license plate off of the Buick once it was sold. He's a collector, he says, and is working on his US collection. While he may be harmless, I won't respond, and I have to wonder what style of scam he might be engaged in.

Patrick
Covington, Louisiana