IML: Please Welcome Paul Rinehart

New Subscriber(s): Paul Rinehart
Email Address is: dilly@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Dayton, Ohio

Car(s) owned: None right now, but seriously considering purchasing a 1951 Crown Limo, a "barn find." It is the full limo, but with an oddity. Someone sent this car to a coachbuilder, I assume anyhow, and had the rear doors extended up about 9 inches into the curvature of the roof, and an upholstered section was added above the window.

Self-Introduction: Folks, I have been a general MoPar nut most of my 58 years, but just never before planted the seat of my britches behind the wheel of an Imperial. I grew up with a neighbor owning a white over pink '56 Imperial 2 door hardtop, and my uncle drove a pale yellow '62 4 dr hardtop Imperial for years. Anyhow, on this '51 Crown, it is way too much, too rare, and too solid of a car for someone to snatch the 331 out of and lose the rest forever, it just asks to be driven again as a whole.
My dilemma, the Ausco-Lambert disc brakes. What is anyone else who owns one of the so equipped cars doing with these? I know wheel cylinder kits do not exist. Somebody, somewhere must have been in this predicament and found an alternative or source. This is what is stopping me from purchasing right now. Change it to early drum brakes? Replace the third member with a later unit and build brackets for later model calipers and front discs? I have been in touch with Brad and he has not needed to do any work on the brakes of his 7 passenger yet. Also I read a lot of this list's archives and unless I missed it, I find no mention of solutions for these brakes.
I hate to come knocking on the front door of the group and begging, but the fate of this Imperial sits in my hands right now and I need advice from the largest Imperial knowledge base I can find. Many serious thanks in advance, Paul in Ohio