IML: 64-66 Imperials and 3-point seat belts

My original post said:
>I remember a discussion years ago about 3-point seatbelt and I believe
>that the '64 and up Imperials had an anchor point built into the roof
>structure that would serve for that type seat belt underneath the
>headliner above and behind the driver and front seat passenger seat.
>Has anyone with a '64/65/66 checked theirs to see?

I did not mean that the cars came with 3-point belts, but that the anchor points were already built into the cars and could be easily added by anyone who wanted better safety equipment in those models. Could some of you with one of those models check to see if the anchor points are there? To check it would be necessary to remove the chrome strip along the edge of the headliner on the driver's or passenger's side and lift the headliner up enough to see with a flashlight.

I have a '62 and bought some extra seatbelt some years ago to install in the back seat area. The floorboard under the back seat has dimples for some of the seatbelt installation points except for the outer most left and right sides. My '62 already had seat belts in the front seat area (probably installed by the previous owner).

Safety is always a concern with any automobile and use of seat belts and good maintenance of the running gear of the car all help. The discussion about the 3-point belts may have been in the IOCI publication. It has been too many years for me to be certain.

Joe S.