Re: IML: 62 Speedometer off by 10 mph

Hi Graham,

One would think the wrong pinion or tire diameter change would cause it to be off by a consistent percentage, not a linear 10 mph. I would compare its accuracy at 35 mph and 70 mph before doing anything. If it's the tires, pinion, or any rotationally caused error, it should be only 5 mph off at 35 if it's 10 off at 70.

Otherwise, perhaps leave well enough alone and get used to it.

How, by the way, have you tested it?

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon