From: "Graham Quimby" <ghquimby@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:13 PM
Subject: IML: 62 Rebuild or Replace Engine?

Fellow Imperialists,

I have two problems with my 413.  First, the block is porous. The block
was leaking coolant between the freeze plugs.  After two treatments of
engine block sealer, it appears to have stopped leaking.  Second, I have
a problem with blow-by.  I do not have PCV yet, but I hope to add it
soon.  Thin smoke is coming from the oil filler cap and draft tube, but
I don’t see any smoke coming out the tailpipe). The engine burns a quart
of oil almost every 50 miles.  I have tried using Restore and it does
seem to be improving the blow-by. With the problems I have, should the
original engine be rebuilt, or should I start looking for a replacement
engine?

Thanks,
Graham Quimby
1962 Caramel Crown