Re: IML: clocks in the wheels on '55/'56's

Re: IML: clocks in the wheels on '55/'56's

In a message dated 6/15/2007 11:00:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
He also told me, that there was a rare option: a clock in the center of
the steering wheel - I never heard of it before.
Imperialists:

    I have heard about that before for the '55/'56 models, however I am inclined to believe the clocks were a steering wheel option on models of the 'other' Chrysler lines {Plymouth/Dodge} of those year's as it seems redundant that a car would have two time zones:  the passenger's side clock above the glove box and the driver's wheel clock.......I also believe the clocks might fit the diameter of our center pieces, but the mounting is entirely different.....feel free to dispute this though.....

Jack

1955 New Yorker Deluxe
1956 Imperial
1968 300 Convertible w/center console