Sent:
Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:34 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: clocks in the wheels on '55/'56's

Hi all -

I found the magazine and it's HCC #1 not Collectible Automobile.

….

I remember a thread here not long ago about access holes in the trunks of '58 and some '59 Imperials and other MoPars of those years.  I don't recall if that was ever fully answered for after checking the trunk of my '60 I kinda zoned out on the thread.  The article about this DeSoto states that "Unlike today's cars, in which mechanics have to remove the gas tank to gain access to the fuel pump, Chrysler installed a black metal cover over a cutout in the trunk floor of the 1958 models to make access to the coffee maker-sixe (electric) fuel pump easier" should they be fitted with the optional Bendix Electronic Fuel Injection.  This was optional on the Imperial as well although non are mentioned as being so equipted.  It was a system ahead of its time as it's main failing was that it used the same "waxed paper" covered components that we with Electroluminescent lighting on our Imperials know and love!

Enjoy your cars -

Jim L. in OR
    '60 Crown 4dr
Southampton