Re: IML: The half-lit dome light

Hello again Joe,

I haven't found the problem yet. Bad weather and lots of rain made me stay
away from the car that is parked on my drive way outside :(
Dutch garages just aren't big enough for 1960 Imperials I am afraid.

If weather permits, I will have a look this weekend. I also have to
replace the backup light switch then, you know the one that is mounted on
the pushbutton assembly.

You are right, cutting wires is a little drastic :)
I only cut the wires from the rear door post switches to see what happens
(those wires are easy accessible when you remove the sill plates on both
sides). But the light still stays on.

As you suggested, I will try to remove the tape from the wire bundle at
the front passenger door to see what is wrong there.
I think one of the motor leads of the power window motor, or a wire at the
powerlock switch is at fault.

Ofcourse I will let the group know what was wrong, as soon as I have found
the error!

Robert