Re: IML: '62 LeBaron Coupe value

Jack,

It depends on what you want to do with the car.  If you can live with it like it is it might be worth as much as $7500 as a driver, especially if the body is solid as the owner states.  I have seen close ups of the paint and for what it would cost to get the paint back in shape you just can't pay $8500 and the owner should understand that.  If I had a serious interest in it, and I have followed it over the past couple years, I wouldn't pay over $5000 just because it does not have air conditioning.  Cars without factory AC are almost entirely different than cars that do.  If it were me, and I was just so in love with this look, there are plenty of nicer '62 coupes to start with.  It would be cheaper in the long run to re-create the treatment on another car.  You could easily plow $5000 into a paint job on this car and it is almost a neccesity on this particular car.  This just based on teh aesthetics isssues I have seen in pictures over the last couple of years.  I don't know anything about the mechanicals and the interior is potentially another money pit.  Unless you are just enthralled with the history of the car, which is kinda why I bought my LeCrown, I'd pass on this one.  You could dump $10,000 into this car and people would still be asking what is a car like this worth?  The people I know that have been interested in this car in the past just could not get beyond the fact that this car is very poorly optioned for what it was aspiring to.

Richard
'60 "LeCrown"

MoparJackie@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am watching all the posts on the car but I still would like to know what kind of value can we place on the car if I did open my big mouth to call about it. Thanks.         Jack

See what's free at AOL.com.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.