IML: Front A-Arm Bushes

Robert,
I think all the rubber suspension parts are available for your car. I've not yet done the procedure but I did just read in a stateside Mopar magazine listing a simple washer size as a way to remove the lower A arm bushes. It was stated that you go around the turned out end of the bush with a punch to help cave in the metal sleeve then use a washer and long bolt from the inside to press/pull it out. They are often noted as being rusted in and difficult to remove but the guy who wrote this instructional to the editor said this makes it a simple job. You could take your A-arm into a hardware store and find a suitable size washer to fit into the round hole, or take an inside measurement. My '64 has a bad driver's side bush and I think this is causing a pull to the left on my car. For your suspension height issue, it sounds like a previous owner may have done a simple lowering of the front end. Get each front wheel off the ground and give the torsion bar adjusters a few turns. I bet it's as simple as that. I forget their size but the adjuster bolts are pretty large, I use a long tube over the end of my big crescent wrench as a levering aid. Easy job.

Eric
1964 Crown Coupe