From: James Brown <jimmb1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 5:01 pm
Subject: IML: JC Auto Restoration - Lynnwood WA

I need a new heater control valve for my '60 Crown SH.

Before I make the purchase, could someone please tell me

if JC Auto Restoration of Lynnwood WA is reliable?

No offense to anybody, especially JC,  but I would rather know before hand.

Thank you.

Jim Brown

"Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When you get into Imperials and, maybe by accident, in small increments,
become very committed to them, I guess many of us do not think about
graceful exit strategies. There was one guy on here, a real sticker for
accuracy who really went off the deep end and ended up killing himself. He had attended several shows and folks on the IML had met him. I'm sure he had any amount of serious issues in his life other than the Imperial but,
evidently, the car did not provide enough relief. Over the years,
evidently, I have seen many people come to the end of their Imperial trip. There are certainly easier points of entry into the old car game but none, I
suspect, that are more ultimately satisfying.

Many of us here, and I count myself among them, consider driving our
Imperials as a truly effective form of therapy. There a;ways comes a point when proceeding with the cars becomes less enjoyable than it once was. The old car game is best played by the young and unmarried and the retired but still very active. Middle aged folks like me, with college looming for our kids, etc, etc, etc, just can't devote the time, money and energy to these
bottomless pits of wants and needs the way we might like to.

However, I came away from my 58 today feeling pretty good. The rust of the
floor of the car does not seem to be structural. The steering wheel is
still two-thirds intact. I think I can fudge a band aid repair over the
remaining top third while I try to resolve many other issues. I don't think my time on this ride is over yet. I hate being further behind than when I started, that's for sure, but I think I can, with some effort, get the car to where I want it to be. Then I'll allow myself to think about retiring!

Hugh Hemphill
58 Imperial
San Antonio, Texas