From: John Corey [mailto: jcorey@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:40:07 -0400
Subject: Re: IML: Finding a good Imperial exit strategy

I hear you. I consider myself one of the lucky ones - still working, blessed with wife and kids, but with just enough extra to feed my Imperial habit. Still, the world can be challenging and even exasperating. Old Imps even more so, therapy value notwithstanding. Yesterday, I went to the barn/garage to take out NO XQS (61 vert), in which I had just done a 1200 mile round trip to Detroit the prior week, with no problems. I found the right rear totally flat. OK, off it came and the fault proved to be a massive leak at the valve stem seal to the wheel. Weird, but easily fixed with a replacement valve stem. Done in time to clean up and go out for dinner - in the Imp. As we sat out on a lovely summer evening, a great hiss arose from the parking area. Inspection revealed that the LEFT rear stem had failed in exactly the same way! What are the odds? 100% - it just happened. OK, but it still seems unlikely and it makes me wonder what could cause it. I will replace all three stems now - before I hit the road again.

Not looking to get out of Imperialville just yet......

jc