Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: IML: '57 Plymouth

Here's a question...I don't know if its been addressed
or not but here goes. Originally, the buried '57 was
to be a prize at its unearthing...according to record
a contest was held at the '57 Tulsarama asking
participants to guess the population of the city in
2007 with the Plymouth to be awarded to the winner or
descendant thereof at the time of its unearthing last
Friday...So who won? who owns the '57 and what are
their plans? Regardless of condition it would be neat
to know its plans for the future. Thanks. Bruce
--- JIM LORENZEN <jdlpdx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

According to one article I read, the contractor who
built the vault is still alive at 98 and rode on the
trailer taking the car from its tomb to its
un-wrapping.  It would be interesting to hear what
excuse he has for his handiwork.

Jim L. in OR
    '60 Crown 4dr Southampton
    '62 Crown 4dr Southampton

----- Original Message ----- From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 3:57 PM

> The ancient Egyptians could have done a better
job. I suspect the
> contractor was substandard. The technology was
there to do it right,
> and I am sure the City paid plenty for the job.
>
> Paul W.

they put it in and I
> cannot believe they did not put it up on blocks.
What a bunch of dolts.
> Maybe they will ship it to California for an
American hotrod episode -
> if they can restore this they can do anything -
BTW what happened to
> the rear leaf springs?

> Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with
the added security of
> spyware protection.

> AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out
more about what's free
> from AOL at AOL.com.

response will be
attachments) for the